Hub Director, Marketing Creative Direction
Job Id: REQ-0003901
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio and next on the list...becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, Global Marketing Creative (GMC) was born to better support all of our Global Marketing Creative needs.
As Head of GMC Hub you will report to the Head of GMC, LAX. You will manage and guide our fellow GMC Hub directors & leaders in our Shanghai, Singapore and Europe creative hubs. You will help to ensure the hubs are set up for success and that Riot LAX is providing sufficient guidance, support and empowerment for the regional hubs to be active leaders of global creative marketing campaigns. You will also ensure that there is a balance of workload and expectation on the regional creative hubs to ensure they are still able to deliver content to their regional players as well as global. You will work with our GMC leadership team to ensure timely resolution of needs and advocate for opportunities. You will collaborate with internal and external creative teams and production partners to develop and deliver world-class, global creative experiences that meet strategic goals of publishing in multiple products, such as League of Legends, League of Legends: Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, VALORANT, and Legends of Runeterra.
- Set and uphold the bar for creative craft excellence with our global hub partnerships.
- Manage the senior leaders from each regional hub team.
- Hold us accountable to be true partners to the other regional hubs.
- Help guide cross hub global creative partnerships on large scale campaigns.
- Be an active leader in the creative director discipline to ensure global representation is met and developed.
- Collaborate with creative directors, writers, producers, editors, directors, artists, and more to deliver creative that surprises and delights our players.
- Guide, mentor, and lead with vision and a humble approach that inspires the GMC global hub leaders and subsequent teams.
- Elevate the surprise and delight regional campaigns to the global audience.
- Bachelor's Degree or demonstrated equivalent
- 8+ years of leading successful creative teams in games marketing or creative agency
- Award winning portfolio that demonstrates a proven track record of developing 360 campaigns from strategic creation to final delivery while building the foundation of a brand identity with a unique creative platform
- Experience collaborating across multiple marketing craft disciplines from Brand, Creative, Comms and Channels
- Experience managing other creatives, as well as managers and leaders of teams.
- Experience leading regional teams and global team focused game marketing campaigns.
- Level-headed approach to change management, conflict resolution and patience through the fluctuating creative development process
- PC, Console, and Mobile games marketing experience
- Expertise with Project Management tools (ie. Airtable, Favro, Smartsheets) and DAMs (ie. Iconik, Brandfolder) for database management, tracking, and archiving.
- Understand what gaming competitors are doing to promote acquisition, fandom, and engagement
- Experience managing 360 creative marketing campaigns for game launches.
- Fluent in spoken English and Mandarin preferred.
Relationship to Games:
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).