Employee Relations Specialist
Job Id: REQ-0003833
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As an Employee Relations Specialist, reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations, you will support all things Employee Relations. With the help of management, you will advise and handle Employee Relations matters to ensure the best possible experience for every Rioter. You'll investigate complicated issues and navigate them to ensure that everyone involved is protected and on the right side of the law. You will mentor and provide guidance to Rioters globally on various ER and policy related matters.
- Provide shared service support of Employee Relations activities, to include maintaining investigation files, case trackers, compliance materials, notes, etc
- Respond to various HR inquiries that require research and data gathering
- With the support of management, provide expertise and case management of Employee Relations issues, from initial intake to resolution, in collaboration with the HR Business Partners, Legal, and discipline/product leadership
- Conduct "Tier 1" level HR-related investigations to include: gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws and practices, to reach conclusions and recommended actions, partnering with internal employment attorneys and management on the ER Team
- Create required documentation, including investigative notes, summaries, final reports, disciplinary documentation or other materials arising from investigations or ER advising
- Interpret and apply understanding of Riot's policies, and employment law to provide advice, mentorship, or clarification for Employee Relations inquiries
- Deal with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional Human Resources experience and broad HR knowledge
- 2+ years of experience conducting internal HR investigations and/or managing complex Employee Relations issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law, administration of leaves of absences, ADA, accommodations, constructive counseling and best practices related to internal investigations
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving abilities
- Experience handling high volume workload with shifting priorities / deadlines
- Ability to be a coach, mentor, advise and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Experience advising and interacting with employees at various levels, seniority and craft expertise.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.