Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, CIT
Job Id: REQ-0003951
As a part of the Riot Core Infrastructure Team, you'll be part of the core group of engineers that builds the infrastructure that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will be working on the core container engines that run all of our production services, both player-facing and internal. If you are looking to have an impact across different aspects of Riot infrastructure, join us and pioneer solutions that will help us scale to the next level.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer on the Riot Container Engine (RCE) Team, you’ll be at the helm of building and scaling our mission critical and highly scalable core infrastructure services that power Riot ranging from all our games to internal applications and tools. You will be pushing your knowledge of systems, networking, containerization, cloud, automation and scaling to the limits.
- Ensure our clusters can scale and are resilient by applying SRE and DevOps best practices to remove bottlenecks or inefficiencies.
- Ensure all the critical components of our clusters are monitored with actionable alerts.
- Translate product or feature requirements into technical solutions by working with the team to propose architecture and design.
- Continually look for improvement opportunities within our infrastructure and propose solutions.
- Be part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Produce quality designs and adhere to coding standards.
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
- 5+ years experience as an Infrastructure or DevOps Engineer with focus on automation
- Strong knowledge of Linux and network troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of container engines such as Mesos or Kubernetes
- Working knowledge in a structure programming language (i.e. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Working experience or knowledge of agile development
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with New Relic is a plus
- Experience with Linux and networking troubleshooting, especially in the Cloud environment
- Good knowledge of Python or Go.
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
- Hunger for knowledge!
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).