Sr Game Designer
Job Id: REQ-0003978
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to create and iterate player-focused designs that will delight millions around the world.
As a Senior Game Designer in Research & Development working on an early stage product, you will help decipher one of Riot’s next big bets. We're still a small team, so this will require a lot of hands-on work to create. You will have a lot of uncertainty in this environment and you will need to be very self-driven. You will report to the Executive Producer.
- Support the Executive Producer in defining the game
- Creatively seek new design spaces and opportunities
- Assist the executive producer with prototyping
- Leverage basic prototype tools to create value
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design experience
- Passion for games
- Putting the player experience first
- Smart and open to new ways of thinking and approaches
- Patience and pursuit of excellence
- Experience with early stage games and prototyping
- Experience working inside a small team
- Comfortable with intrinsic characteristics of early R&D
- Experience going from 0 to 1 and sending products live
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).