Senior Art Manager - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0004175
Art Managers at Riot oversee the administration and management of a products’ creatives with a focus on Fidelity, Efficiency, and Sustainability. Your scope of responsibilities covers the art disciplines efforts on the game where you are accountable for your team’s process and ability to hit objectives. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance and growth of your direct reports as the team grows through prototype, pre production and production.
As the Senior Manager, Art Direction on an R&D Game Team you'll be accountable for designing, implementing, and maintaining a healthy organizational structure to meet objectives of the product. You will build an organization and administrative process, complete with standards and milestones, to sustainably execute the goals of the team and prepare for growth. Additionally, you will be the bridge between the directors and the developers ensuring that leadership goals are understood and development capabilities are clear. You will report to the Art Director.
- Partner with recruiting to hire world-class artists to build a team that can scale to meet the development goals of the product
- Develop and Evolve efficient creative processes that accomplish current and future goals
- Partner with leadership in developing a creative org that is supported by data and measurable
- Primary Hiring Manager, Management Leader, and Administrative Leader for all Creatives
- Build outsourcing strategies and necessary documentation to ensure internal and external teams are set up for success
- Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- The bridge between Creative Direction, Art Direction, and Production Leadership
- Experience working with modern game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary technologies
- Experience working with administrative and documentation suites such as, Google, Miro, Notion, Jira.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Senior or Lead Artist
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience creating administrative and organizational processes
- Experience with a wide variety of current asset generation tools
- Experience working in several tools, pipelines, and game engines
- Experience managing managers of a variety of disciplines
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.