Senior Business Development Manager
Job Id: REQ-0004418
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Senior Business Development Manager, APAC, you’ll have the opportunity to develop Riot’s Partnerships Ecosystem, defining partnership guidelines that identify strategic partners to improve fan and player engagement. With a strong understanding of Riot, you will support the business development sales cycle from prospecting, qualifying leads, closing deals and generating revenue to support Riot’s Business Development ecosystem.
Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, business development skills, operational excellence and passion for Riot Games will help you to establish new standards. You will help negotiate, structure and execute commercial agreements and contracts with key partners to unlock fandom. To create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and partners, you will partner with different stakeholders and teams from our local teams of publishing, entertainment, production, broadcast, league management and operations, to the Global Business Development and Partnerships team in Los Angeles.
Based in Singapore, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games APAC is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation. You will report to the Head of Business Development, APAC to align your business development strategy with our overall business development strategy for the whole region.
- Represent Riot as the top relationship lead with partners during the development phase; help your team forge and structure partnerships that not only deliver on the KPIs of both Riot and the partner but also delights our players as well.
- Manage and grow a team of Business Development Rioters to be the single point of contact on partner proposals and drive the commercial pipeline for all Riot products by sourcing new business, negotiating terms, and finalizing contracts.
- Develop strategy to streamline how we qualify leads and prioritse opportunities, and when to bring important internal team members onboard from initial negotiations through execution to ensure successful long-term partnerships.
- Work closely with our in-market business development managers to provide guidance and support them throughout the development development phase.
- Explore and assess new business categories and markets, and then build external partner relationships quickly.
- Collaborate across Riot to identify new business opportunities, technologies, and assets to build unique and valuable opportunities for partner integration.
- Work closely with third party agencies to support Riot’s business development efforts.
- Articulate partnership business needs, visions and strategies by providing relevant insights and data analysis to our internal stakeholders.
- You are numbers-oriented and know how to structure deals and create valuation frameworks.
- Maintain a deep and current understanding of the Riot ecosystem
- Extensive experience structuring & closing deals in gaming, sports, esports, media, entertainment, marketing partnerships, and/or consulting.
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading a team of high sales performers
- Experience building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Creative deal making experience
- Experienced in entering negotiations fully informed about internal considerations, knowing how to navigate the situation to best settle differences and, ideally, win concessions
- A self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects with high levels of ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Expertise in structuring deals and valuation frameworks
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for video games, and knowledge of esports and media marketplace
- Fluent in both English and an Asian language. Mandarin with Traditional Chinese is a strong advantage.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.