Senior Manager, Competitive Operations - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0004482
As Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations for League of Legends Esports, you will design competition-related policies, set global standards for match operations, and create programs to develop the League of Legends esports ecosystem. You will report to the Director of Competitive Operations for all of Riot esports.
- Partner with product leads and regional partners to further develop the competitive pyramid so that LoL esports maintains its position as the most engaging and fan-focused competition in sports with a path to pro that is clear and accessible
- Oversee the execution of Player Engagement programs so that players are supported at all stages of their careers
- Represent the Global LoL esports team in public facing communications
- Oversee the execution of match operations and league management for global events and ensure best practices are shared and implemented across regional competitions
- Partner with the Riot esports Events team on contingency planning for international events to ensure competitive integrity is preserved in the event of unforeseen disruptions
- Partner with LoL Esports Global Product Lead and Compliance Team to develop product-specific rules and policies for match operations and league management
- Partner with the Competitive Operations Compliance Team to oversee the administration of product-specific investigations to ensure fairness, consistency and transparency
- Lead a small team that is focused on the day-to-day aspects of Competition Management and Compliance administration for LoL esports
- You have 8+years experience in the field of sports consulting, management or media/entertainment
- You have 4+ years experience managing teams
- You have a track record of managing teams that achieve excellent results
- You are a fan of sports or esports
- You have experience participating in sports or competitive gaming
- You have experience leading successful contractual negotiations
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).