Staff Software Engineer, Unreal - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0004460
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer III, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. As a Staff Software Engineer on Project L, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of gameplay technology to inject life into Riot’s exciting new games. You will work in a small team alongside a product lead and designers to answer fundamental product questions to build experiences that will fulfill our players’ impossible dreams. You will report to the Engineering Director of the project.
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and performant solutions in close collaboration with other disciplines
- Implement full stack prototypes to find answers to product questions
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Follow and contribute to the technical direction and standards for the team
- Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
- 6+ years of game development experience
- 3+ years of experience working in Unreal 4
- Experience developing and shipping games
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Experience with combat and animation systems
- Experience with general gameplay systems
- Experience with tooling for content creators
- Experience shipping games across multiple platforms (PC, mobile, console)
- Experience working on a live service game
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.