Senior Principal Analyst - Central Game Studios
Job Id: REQ-0004226
In Strategic Advisory at Riot, we partner with teams to ensure Rioters have the best information frameworks available to provide content and experiences that delight players around the world. Principal Analysts are Riot’s craft experts when it comes to delivering the most complex and nuanced insights to stakeholders.
As the Senior Principal Analyst on Central Product you will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Central Product and Strategic Advisory lead of R&D to ensure our games have the best chance of success across the entire life cycle. To achieve this, you will leverage your:
Deep Analytical Expertise
Riot’s success depends on our games reaching genre defining and staying there for decades. In order to do this we need the right information and insights to drive our investment and product decisions. You will be responsible for leveling up how Riot thinks about developing, delivering and growing games. You will interface across the entire life cycle ensuring that Riot is building a resonant product all the way through operation.
Leadership & Communication skills
As one of our senior-most Analysts at Riot, you have a proven track record of delivering innovative insights to EPs/Studio leads via your influence, leadership and mentorship of other analysts.
You push the way Riot thinks about game success to the cutting edge. You are constantly evaluating new data sources and techniques, incorporating the best to ensure we are making the highest quality decisions possible.
- Key input to the Games Life Cycle Framework and product lifecycle management process. This will include helping to define, communicate and spot check the product success requirements (i.e. Guardrails, Benchmarks, VP&L, Goal setting) with R&D teams as they prepare to move through the various stages of game exploration and development.
- Standardizing constructing and analyzing results from naturalistic tests across R&D/GS (Betas, closed etc..) and feeding insights back to product outlook.
- Develop, maintain and evolve a set of early indicators of post-launch product success and guide game teams based on results.
- Undertake RDO/GS level analyses on how we incubate, nurture, deliver and grow games (e.g. slow growth). Deep dives used to support major decision points for game development.
- Collect and institutionalize learnings from our game launches and live ops, incorporating lessons from our triumphs and mistakes.
- Ensure we have the data we need to make decisions for our games, including overseeing initial set up of telemetry for new games, building core reports, defining what good looks like and acting as a stakeholder for integrity of the pipeline.
- Mentor analysts as one of our lead craft experts, providing advice and guidance on difficult analyses. Airdropping on to the game teams when necessary.
- 12+ years of experience in development & operation of GaaS / SaaS
- Strong analytical skills across the entire stack (Tableau, SQL, Python)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the strong ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and departments of the organization.
- Demonstrated product affinity and strong relationships with product leaders
- You champion the player experience and build innovative analyses used by EPs to better serve the needs of our player
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, soft power skills, and execution that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.