Staff Software Engineer - IT Corporate Data
Job Id: REQ-0004457
Riot's Enterprise Technology organization ensures Rioters have what they need to unlock their full potential by offering corporate solutions to increase productivity; providing expertise on cybersecurity to protect the experience of millions of players; and guide teams on complex data privacy regulations.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Enterprise Technology working on IT Corporate Data, you will report to the Manager of Enterprise Applications and join a technical team automating and integrating Information Technology platforms at Riot Games. We build web applications, tools, and services that help Rioters navigate the organization, collaborate, and focus on the work that generates player value.
- Lead development of enterprise tooling and service projects that help accelerate all of Riot
- Partner with directors and leadership to understand cross-team use cases, draft system architectures, and work with engineers to develop software projects
- Set standards across teams for managing code using source control and writing unit/functional/integration tests to ensure code is reliable
- Create and share technical architectures with stakeholders as needed
- Mentor senior engineers on both leadership and engineering craft
- Work with product designers to eliminate ambiguity and turn product vision into actionable engineering tasks
- Work with infrastructure teams to implement application monitoring and improve hardware, software and network systems
- Author RFCs and maintain operational process documentation and runbooks
- Handle engineering on-call escalations via an on-call schedule
- 6+ years experience with modern full-stack web development (depending on degree)
- Proficiency in Bash, Typescript, Go, HTTP, GraphQL APIs, scripting, frontend and backend web application development
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub or other source control systems
- Knowledge of Drone or other CI/CD solutions
- Experience investigating problems, getting to the root of business problems and providing a sustainable software solutions
- Working knowledge of modern agile methodologies and practices, including Kanban and Scrum
- Fluent communication skills. You must be able to contribute code in a team environment while collaborating on standards and style guides.
- Experience providing technical direction for engineering teams
- Proficiency in Serverless
- Familiar with SQL, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with user experience design
- Experience with a containerization technology (e.g. Docker)
- Experience developing software in more than one programming language
- Experience managing engineers
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.