Strategic Finance Associate - Technology
Job Id: REQ-0004541
As a Strategic Finance Associate - Technology, you'll report directly to the leader of Finance within the Technology group that encompasses organizations such as IT, Infosec, Riot Data, Player Platform, and Infrastructure & Operations. You will partner with the leadership of these teams to build relevant strategic and financial plans, monitor performance against plans, and implement improvements to financial processes and systems to support better decision making. Your financial craft expertise, coupled with an understanding of technology, will help you work with and affect many teams across Riot as you improve the reporting, understanding and management of technology costs.
- Work with the leadership teams to support and agree on strategic and financial priorities
- Lead budgeting and financial forecasting for these teams as part of Riot's strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process, and monitor and report on performance against plans
- Work with different technology leaders to understand and improve the financial impact of important deals and decisions, such as vendor selection, Build vs. Buy and outsourcing
- Build allocation methodologies for technology costs alongside a group of data engineers and insights analysts to provide game leads insight into the total vertical costs of their game infrastructure and technology stack
- Collaborate with vendors and service providers to accomplish projects such as cost benchmarking and defining cost attribution processes when onboarding new solutions
- Partner with central Finance, Tax and Treasury, Accounting and Purchasing functions to service tech needs, while also helping these teams keep Riot within compliance of international rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of professional experience in Finance, Consulting, Strategic Planning or other related experience with exposure to financial analysis, modeling and planning
- 4+ years of experience directly supporting product or corporate finance
- Experience supporting/working with Director+ level partners
- Knowledge of financial systems for planning and reporting
- Creativity to create great solutions for data and the guide to build and achieve them
- A deep desire and total lack of fear when it comes to learning the ins and outs of complex technology
- Understanding of important technological solutions and concepts such as data pipelines and cloud, and how they affect player or internal customer experience
- Experience identifying cost drivers, especially in technical settings, and developing cost allocation methodologies
- Experience with budgeting for cost centers that have complex interrelationships with other budgets
- Knowledge of tools that can automate and simplify financial data analysis and visualization (examples include VBA, Analytics tools, R, Alteryx, Tableau, or Looker)
- Relevant post-graduate degree
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.