Software Engineer II - GS.VAL, Esports
Job Id: 4808
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer II, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer II on the VALORANT Esports Features Team, you will help Riot build and deliver a first in class esports experience for players. You will be responsible for developing new esports-specific features, improving existing systems, and working with the esports operations and broadcast groups to push the overall esports experience to the genre-defining level that our players expect. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Game Systems area.
- Design, build and deliver new in-game features for esports observers, coaches, and players
- Collaborate with internal development teams to ensure new agents, UI, and gameplay features are built with consideration for esports needs
- Work with Esports Operations and Broadcast teams to define and build out systems to support the tournaments and broadcast
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development processes and coding standards
- Build and manage strong relationships between disciplines
- Mentor and coach junior members to build talent over the long term
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience with C++
- Experience with Unreal Engine, Unity, or related gaming engine
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Professional experience building large scale backend systems (e.g. game services, data)
- Professional experience working with the Go programming language
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience working on competitive multiplayer games
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Engagement with the esports scene
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players and fans. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).