Manager, Insights - Production, Development QA Solutions
Job Id: REQ-0004988
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters' to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds that conduct studies and analyses that'll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products.
As an Insights Manager supporting Central QA teams, you'll join our effort to make building and delivering player experiences at Riot easy, scalable and sustainable. You will be directly managing and ensuring the healthy operation of the Insights Development QA Solutions (DQAS) team, ensuring the team has clear goals, directions, and are well suited for the work in front of them. You will ensure Central QA leadership is equipped with decision-making support through various insights and research programs. You will be an important driver in solving complex problems and creating ways to improve our understanding of internal user needs. You will report to the Senior Manager of Development QA Solutions.
- Provide sound strategic guidance on all issues relating to insights, research, and data.
- Support DQAS leadership making strategic decisions through insights development that better inform outcomes, opportunities and risks.
- Set standards of KPIs across DQAS products. Build rituals to track and communicate with partners.
- Partner with the QA Department leads to determine DQAS prioritization, while ensuring product planning and strategy are advised with best practices.
- Manage performance and bandwidth of the DQAS insights team.
- Build sustainable work intake/prioritization systems that lead to high team morale and output.
- Support cross department challenges and align stakeholders on recommendations that lead to optimized results.
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related disciplines.
- 5+ years experience in business intelligence, analytics, consulting, and informing company strategies.
- Experience with SQL, data analysis, visualization tools, and research methodologies.
- Experience using quantitative approaches to provide business insights and drive change.
- Experience presenting complex data insights that inspire action to senior leadership.
- Experience managing relationship and communicating with partners.
- Experience with people management and grow direct reports career and competency.
- 2+ years people management experience especially in-data analytics area.
- Experience thriving and driving change in a dynamic environment.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and organizations.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).