Senior Manager Business Strategy - Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0004951
At Riot, Publishing is how we connect with players around the world. Publishing teams focus on designing, orchestrating, and delivering holistic experiences across the gaming, Esports, and entertainment product portfolio. Publishing's core capabilities include marketing, commercial partnerships, player support, localization, and cross-product experiences.
As a Senior Manager, Business Strategy, you'll report to Publishing's Head of Strategy and be part of the integrated Publishing Strategy & Operations team. You will directly support the President of Publishing and senior publishing leadership, advising and mobilizing strategy across multiple dimensions; including target audience and product opportunities, publishing strategies, and operating models. Your broad strategic skill set and collaborative mindset will ensure cohesive decision-making across the globally distributed publishing business.
- Identify and structure complex problems, developing frameworks that guide senior publishing leadership through ambiguous problem spaces
- Lead rigorous qualitative and quantitative analyses to work towards strategic recommendations
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate recommendations to senior publishing leadership
Publishing mobilization - Orchestrate across teams globally to lead important publishing planning processes
- Guide publishing leadership through strategic planning processes, serving as the primary strategy partner for one or more senior publishing leaders (e.g., CMO)
- Lead global operating model plans (e.g., organization, process, rituals and forums design) to enhance Riot's publishing executional effectiveness
- Collaborate with other strategy, operations, and enterprise teams on business operations projects
Team & leadership - Serve as a strategy mentor and team leader
- Directly manage a team of business strategists
- Be a mentor for strategic advisors across global Publishing teams
- Collaborate with other senior strategists at Riot to lead craft excellence across the company
- 8+ years experience (or 6+ years with an advanced degree) in strategic advisory, management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar roles
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience leading strategic projects in the tech/media/telecom industry
- Experience leading operating model projects for a complex organization
- Experience directly advising senior executives (VP+)
- Experience working with global teams across diverse cultures
- Experience leading projects in the video game industry
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $186,000 USD - $278,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).