Manager, Security Engineering - Information Security, Security Operations
Job Id: REQ-0005103
Riot's Enterprise Technology organization ensures Rioters have what they need to unlock their full potential by providing expertise on cybersecurity to protect the experience of millions of players, offering corporate solutions to increase productivity and guide teams on complex data privacy regulations.
As an Engineering Manager on our Security Operations team, you will manage an engineering team delivering technology solutions to support Security Operations efforts globally across all of Riot. You'll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers and analysts, oversee performance management, provide growth opportunities, and maintain an effective security team.
You will guide the team to help manage projects, contribute to product strategy, help with software architecture and design, and help develop and grow a high performing team. As a member of the Security leadership team, you will also contribute to the development and execution of cross portfolio and cross platform Security Operations strategy. You will provide strong collaborative people leadership and technical expertise and come in as both a mentor and a technologist.
You will report to the Sr. Director of Information Security.
- Build and lead projects that contribute to Information Security’s long-term goals
- Lead, mentor, and develop engineers who are part of our global Security Operations team
- Maintain and nurture security intelligence connections and use this information to protect Riot and our Players.
- Manage the health and performance of the Security Operations team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges
- Build and improve security strategies for complex systems, identifying security vulnerabilities
- Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout the incident investigation cycle
- Improve Riot's security posture by ensuring proper remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into day to day operations
- Develop relationships with engineering teams to understand their security needs
- Recruit and interview high quality engineers and continue to attract top talent to Riot's Information Security team
- Champion Security initiatives to senior management, product leads, and engineers.
- Developing and tracking metrics to ensure Riot’s goals and the team's goals are met and constantly improved upon.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical security role
- 3+ years of experience in a people management role
- Experience securing highly scaled products
- Experience recruiting candidates and growing an engineering team
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer or Private Clouds
- Experience working with security tooling and logging technology (e.g. ELK, Splunk, Crowdstrike, Defender ATP, Sentinel One, etc.)
- Experience with Python, Shell, Powershell, Go
- Experience in a Security Operations related field (e.g.Incident Response, Forensics. etc)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.