Director, Operations, Player Support - Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0005282
Director, Operations, Player Support - Publishing
Our Publishing Strategy and Operations team provides strategic and operational support to Riot Games and players around the world. This team works closely with our Games, Entertainment, Enterprise and Esports pillars to enhance the player experience.
Player Support's vision is to shatter the service expectations of players around the world, and we're looking for an experienced Customer Experience and Operations leader to help shape the future of player centric services in entertainment.
Reporting to the Head of Global Player Support (GPS), you will manage a multi-disciplinary team that enables Riot's legendary player support experience across the globe. You will use your honed craft expertise, and change management expertise to lead major service plans for Riot games, helping project leaders and local team members to achieve their goals.
What you’ll do:
- Lead globally-focused player support operations teams, consisting of partner management, knowledge management, and player support insights, building additional global functions
- Serve as a core member of GPS Leadership team, engaged in global strategic and operational planning & execution, and player VOC programs
- Define long-term objectives, build methods to measure success, and set targets for key metrics with a focus on improving player experience & publishing support globally
- Provide key stakeholder management and subject matter expertise on player support strategies and processes when representing the department
- Improve scalability of support activities through definition and execution of strategies
- Collaborate with Global Player Support teams to evaluate and design new offerings and features or improve existing ones with serviceability in mind
- Drive team agreement and delivery against service level agreements and customer commitments
- Lead global vendor sourcing, and deploy capital to provide a high level of service for players
- Track and act on in-depth Player Support related Performance Indicators or trends and ensure alignment both internally and externally
- Contribute to the development and drive implementation of global operating standards to build consistency, vendor interoperability, and emphasis on quality into Player Support delivery
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of recent experience successfully managing, growing, and scaling a global customer support program with 24x7x365 availability
- 7+ years experience leading teams of teams in cx operations, with experience leading learning and development, partner management, or insights teams
- Expertise in attracting and developing staff members, setting team goals, and experience managing and addressing performance issues as they arise
- Experience defining strategic goals with global impact, and leading teams of teams to meet those goals while meeting SLA obligations
- Experience working with scaled internal, partner, or hybrid customer service teams
- Experience with and knowledge of customer support principles, methodologies, and tools
- Passionate about customer support and the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful
- Demonstrated experience leading culturally diverse teams across geographies
- Industry knowledge in Gaming, Entertainment and/or Esports
- Well versed in sourcing and negotiating vendor agreements in excess of 10MM+
- Customer empathy and a deep understanding of the value of services delivered
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.