Job Id: REQ-0005312
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don't just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to a balanced and equitable outcome stabilizing micro and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with a deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Compensation Analyst reporting to the Senior Director of Total Rewards, you will provide support through analysis, implementation and administration of Riot's compensation programs and tools. You will become a go-to resource for all things related to compensation from administering our compensation cycles to partnering developing resources to level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, and executive) of compensation.
- Support the Compensation team in managing our largest expense and most meaningful asset - Rioters - based on sound compensation principles and philosophy and in a manner that ensures our pay programs are consistent, equitable, and meet our requirements
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team and HRBPs to inform and approve offers for new hires and internal transfers
- Support the implementation and ongoing administration for compensation planning cycles, promotion processes and incentive programs
- Lead annual salary survey submissions for survey vendors including Radford, Croner, Equilar and Willis Towers Watson
- Perform analysis on effectiveness and fairness of existing programs with an eye to always improving them
- Partner with the People Systems team on compensation related implementations/improvements and administer compensation related workflows, providing compensation review and approvals
- 1 or more years of experience in a compensation analyst role
- Familiarity with Excel and knowledge of basic formulas such as v-lookups and creating pivot tables
- Experience taking care of issues that do not always have a process or system in place, and a bias for taking action
- Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to executives
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a compensation department or consultancy
- Experience in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and experience using Workday, MarketPay or other compensation software platforms
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!