Game Producer II - League of Legends, Champions
Job Id: REQ-0005276
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Game Producer II on the Champions team, you will report into and work with the Gameplay Initiative Delivery Lead to deliver new and updated Champions to players. You’ll be accountable for taking Champion projects from early prototypes to a successful launch, which will have you building and maintaining work systems, managing schedules and project staffing, and coordinating cross-team interactions and stakeholder visibility. You will also ensure the team works at a sustainable pace and continuously improves.
- Work with a cross-functional development team to own and deliver new and updated Champions for LoL PC.
- Partner with the Champions Team Product Lead to help define and own product strategies for balance, Preseason, new player onboarding, and other game health projects.
- Own and improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting.
- Shape the team’s framework for development milestones, provide visibility and predictability to the team and stakeholders, and spearhead technical investigation activities.
- Identify misalignment areas in development and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Regularly assess the Champions team’s maturity, health and composition and ensure the right staff are on the team and working on the right thing. Help with onboarding and integration of new team members.
- Build strong relationships with partner teams and craft working agreements to manage joint projects.
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines.
- Work with and inspire a diverse group of developers, and create a culture of inclusivity that is supportive for everyone.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a software production role (i.e. - experience as a producer, product manager, project manager, or similar).
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, setting up work systems, improving team effectiveness and health, and delivering projects.
- Experience applying Agile and/or Lean development process and practices.
- Familiarity with League of Legends and its roster of champions.
- Experience in game development and/or a good understanding of how artists, engineers and game designers build assets and game features for a modern game.
- Experience running a live service with frequent updates.
- Experience developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure success.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).