Director, Asia Strategic Finance
Job Id: REQ-0005324
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The Finance team at Riot Games is dedicated to helping Riot's senior leadership make the best decisions for our Players. Our Asia finance team consists of experts from a variety of finance backgrounds with a shared focus on providing Riot leaders with an understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions. We are a critical part of long-term value creation for Riot.
The Director, Asia Strategic Finance role is a finance department leadership role for the Asia region, reporting to the Head of Asia Enterprise. Our Asia region includes Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, and other Southeast Asian countries that we’re expanding into. This job is responsible for FP&A, financial planning and forecasting, and will partner with our Asia Pillars of Games, Publishing, eSports, and Enterprise to ensure the financial plans align with the Pillar strategies. This includes having detailed budgets that enable the execution of each Pillar’s strategic plans, and that financial systems / processes are in place for appropriate financial governance and tracking to each Pillar’s goals. In this role, you will help execute the traditional budgeting, forecasting and planning processes, oversee each Pillar’s P&L, and develop periodic reporting for Riot’s CFO.
- Strategic Finance Vision: Develop the long-term vision and strategy for the Strategic Finance discipline in Asia, defining how our financial activities manifest across the region and Pillars
- Strategic Finance Leadership: Collaborate with Riot’s CFO, VP Strategic Finance, and the finance leaders of other pillars to drive and execute Riot’s finance vision and strategy. Serve as the financial representative of the Enterprise Pillar for Asia, setting our long-term financial plan, budget and capabilities, driving processes that Enterprise uses for financial planning and analysis, and engaging across Riot as the Asia Strategic Finance Leader
- Management: Lead the Asia strategic finance team, the team of Finance Business Partners, and ensure that they have the capabilities, tools and support necessary to drive strategic and operational finance activities for each Pillar that they support at the regional level
- Partner with Pillars: Partner and support Asia Pillar Leaders to manage their forecasting, financial planning, and financial strategy, review existing milestone plans and develop business cases for new initiatives (e.g., validation of size of opportunity / strategic fit, vetting of ROI models / resourcing plans)
- Strategic Advisory: Work with strategic advisory teams for each Asia Pillar (e.g., research, analytics, business strategy) to support analyses and inform recommendations to Pillar Leadership
- Self-Sustaining Systems: Develop systems, infrastructure, and practices that ensure strategic finance efforts can function at scale. Design and execute rituals to drive cohesion, collaboration and knowledge-sharing across the Strategic Finance
- Discipline Health: Ensure the strategic finance discipline is healthy, engaged, and effective across Asia
- Bachelors and/or MBA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related fields
- 12+ years of professional experience working in finance, leading and developing senior managers, FP&A teams, and non FP&A teams in complex, large-scale global organizations
- 4+ years of experience directly managing other strategic finance professionals
- Experience managing Finance process transformations and/or craft development, either in a consulting or corporate environment
- Demonstrated success communicating cross functionally at an executive level across creative, operations, negotiations, and strategy
- MBA preferred
- Knowledge of gaming or entertainment industry and business models
- Experience with designing, implementing, and overseeing revenue strategy across a organization
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.