Competition Manager (APAC VALORANT)
Job Id: REQ-0005301
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, the esports department is responsible for exploring and identifying new esports products to delight players.
That's where you come in.
As a VALORANT Competition Manager on the Competition Operations team, you will work together with the VALORANT Esports team in launching and operating the new international league in the Asia Pacific with long-term partners from across the world. You will assist with the team application and selection process and design the league’s competitive structure and format to create the foundations of a global and multi-generational esports league.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Manage the team selection process, including team communications, internal coordination, document handling, and reporting
- Design and manage the competitive seasonal structure, format, and schedule.
- Draft and enforce regulations, policies, and rules in alignment with global guardrails.
- Assist with league investigations and competitive rulings.
- Manage general competition operations.
- Experienced professional: You have a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of work experience with a strong track record.
- Avid Esports/sports fan: you have a strong understanding of Esports and sports industry. You also have strong interests in league and team business operations.
- Open-minded : You enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches.
- Proactive self-starter : You're a highly-motivated independent thinker who'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission.
- Strategic and insight-informed : You have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our channels; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea.
- A clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message.
- An avid learner : You are always hungry to learn new things. In the esports market, where things are changing very fast, you are able to not only keep up with the new trends, but also possess the skill sets to apply the lessons learned.
- Korean and English speaker : You are proficient in written and spoken Korean and English communication.