Esports Broadcast Producer (APAC VALORANT)
Job Id: REQ-0005302
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, the esports department is responsible for exploring and identifying new esports products to delight players.
That's where you come in.
As the Esports Broadcast Producer (APAC VALORANT), you will work together with the VALORANT Esports team in launching and producing the new international league in the Asia Pacific. You will lead the production preparation process, including the selection and onboarding of the production partner. As a main counterpart to our production partner, you will also supervise and direct all aspects of the broadcast production, including show structuring, script review, talent development, stage builds, etc.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Lead the broadcast production for the APAC international league, including show programming, talent management, and shoulder content strategy.
- Manage the production vendor selection process for the new international league in the Asia Pacific, including RFP, bid/proposal evaluation, and budget due diligence
- Create and bring to life the creative vision for the product on broadcast
- Oversee all aspects of the broadcast production, including show structuring, script review, talent development, stage builds, etc.
- Define production requirements and manage the partner to ensure satisfactory execution of the requirements
- Manage the production budget to ensure we are spending wisely to deliver high quality content and experience for our fans
- Collaborate with Esports Product, Esports Marketing, and Business Development teams to ensure all product requirements are met at the production level
- Experienced: you have 5+ years of work experience as a producer in gaming or sports broadcasting cosmos; you feel at home in a control room or production track environment.
- Creative story teller: you have the skill and the passion to craft compelling, authentic, and fresh narratives for esports audiences. You build up players into stars, you know when and how to inform and entertain, and you know how to captivate your audience.
- Team player: you're open to performing any task, whether big or small; you're willing to teach and learn, lead, and follow.
- Avid gamer and esports fan: you enjoy playing games and watching esports, especially VALORANT
- Clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message.
- Strong language skills : you are proficient in written, verbal and presentation skills in both Korean and English.
- Sports fanatic: Whether it's NFL, NBA, MLB, EPL, or the World Mountain Bike Bog Snorkeling Championships, you enjoy watching different kinds of competition and understanding the nuances that drive fans to love them.
- 7+ years of cumulative work experience
- Experience working with or at an esports production vendor
- Experience working on a global esports product