Sr. Software Engineer (Data) - Riot Data Products, R&D/3rd Party
Job Id: REQ-0005238
Engineers at Riot master their craft by building, launching, and operating games that delight players all over the world. As a Senior Software Engineer on Riot Data's R&D Studio team, you will help build title specific systems to balance, to improve the player experience, and to launch new data-empowered products. As well as help to build game agnostic tools and processes to meet the data needs of multiple titles.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Riot Data R&D Studio team, you will contribute to robust and reliable data solutions and platforms that extract value from data throughout the game development lifecycle. You'll use your expertise with large-scale data systems to help us build efficient solutions, collaborating with other engineers on the Data team, and mentoring them. You will report directly to the Manager for Riot Data's R&D Studio team.
- Work with other engineers, producers, game designers, data science and UX experts
- Handle a range of engineering problems related to data capabilities in the game engines, game servers, and backend services
- Apply software engineering best practices in your work, ensuring that you're building reliable, maintainable systems and contribute to the engineering community within Riot
- Design sustainable, reusable data marts and telemetry that can be applied to all new games
- Work with data scientists and analysts who will use your data marts to help with decisions or build services
- Safeguard player data
- 5+ years of relevant work experience or a Master's degree related to the role
- Software development across multiple language (e.g., C#, Java, and Python)
- Familiarity with SQL, relational databases, or key-value store / NoSQL-style systems
- Experience in analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, or any related area
- Experience with related data processing (e.g., Spark, BigQuery, DataProc) and storage systems (e.g., S3, Google Cloud Storage)
- Experience with big-data processing technologies
- Experience with data warehousing and modeling best practices
- Proficiency in a typed language such as C++, C#, or GO
- Depth of experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow, Luigi, or similar
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).