Technical Quality Assurance Analyst II - League, Content Workflows
Job Id: REQ-0005351
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Technical QA Analyst II, you will create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. You will build tools to assist teams in making Quality an everyday part of the Software Development Life Cycle. You understand the importance of quality upfront, and how technical debt can impact a product long term; which ultimately affects the player experience. You also have great product sense, and will find ways to use technology to test the limits of the product experience.
As a Technical Quality Assurance Analyst II on Content Workflows, you'll report to a QA Manager. You will advocate for high standards for the tools that developers and artists use on Legends of Legends and be the voice of quality to the team. As the quality owner for the team, you will develop a quality strategy for the team and set testing requirements with the product owners and engineers, holding them accountable to their commitments. You will use technology and data to improve the efficiency and effect of quality development systems, preventing defects from being created. You will guide the implementation of static, dynamic, verification, and validation testing processes. You will test the software's functionality, performance, supportability, and usability in the most efficient way. With player experience at the forefront of your mind, you'll take on complex and ambiguous problem spaces and assure quality for the team with your solutions.
- Know the users' needs for different tools, understanding different user profiles, and represent those users workflows through both verification and validation testing
- Guide creation, understanding, and execution of a team-level quality strategy
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Create, maintain and execute automated testing
- Guide risk analysis to ensure smooth product releases
- Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
- Perform deep-dive investigations into issues and test technical implementations on tool workflows
- 3+ years of software QA experience needed
- Experience with strategic goal setting for QA
- Experience testing web or desktop applications
- Object Oriented and scripting languages (Java, C#/C++, Python)
- Automated testing frameworks and tools (Xunit, Selenium, Cucumber / Specflow, Appium, Postman).
- Experience in testing applications related to art content creation (ie. software, tools, services)
- Comfortable working with a variety of technologies including desktop clients, hosted services, and 3rd party platforms
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).