Staff Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure Platform - Cloud Center of Excellence
Job Id: REQ-0005433
The Infrastructure Platform team prides itself on delivering solutions across multiple games and programs. As a Staff Technical Program Manager within the Infrastructure Platform Team you will lead cloud technology projects supporting our exciting portfolio of games. You'll join a dynamic team that is the North Star for Riot Games’ cloud strategy. If you want to have an impact across different aspects of Riot’s cloud infrastructure, join us and help pioneer solutions that scale to the next level.
In this role, you will foster an open work environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through reporting, visualization, and cross-organizational communication. You will help plan delivery cycles, keeping meetings on-track, and documentation up-to-date. Key cloud initiatives include, but are not limited to: cost optimization, cloud infrastructure development, governance & compliance, workflow improvement/automation, and cloud security. You will report to the Manager of Technical Program Management, Core Infrastructure Team (CIT).
- Build and manage all project management milestones from initiation, roadmapping, execution, monitoring, to completion
- Manage development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, and evaluating trade-offs
- Own reporting and presenting status updates to the executive management team
- Assess, escalate, and document emergent customer issues, identifying and improving on process pain points and inefficiencies.
- Identification, resolution and removal of impediments during the sprint cycle
- Build relationships across the Production discipline, including personally and for the team
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Riot values
- 6+ years Technical Program Management/Project Management focused on IT Software development or IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- 1+ year managing AWS cloud technology projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact, influence and communicate at various levels of the organization from the executive to the engineer
- Excellent knowledge of Agile (Kanban, Scrum, Agile at Scale) and Waterfall Methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and dependencies
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience working with globally distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings
- Located in the Los Angeles Metro area (or willingness to relocate)
- Experience with AWS Cost Optimization at an Enterprise level
- Certifications in project management (PMP, SCRUM, SAFe)
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
- *Being a dedicated fan of games/active gamer is not necessary for this position (but have an open mind as this is a gaming company!)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.