Software Engineer, Build & Release - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0005411
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive build and automation technology and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Software Engineer focused on Build and Automation within Research & Development, you’ll leverage (and grow) the breadth of your knowledge on CI/CD, automation, and game development, to best aid delivery of an exciting new game. You will work in a team alongside a product lead, designers, artists, and other engineers to implement and maintain tools in the space of continuous delivery and automation.
- Augment the CI/CD pipeline for the client, server, and tools of a brand new title
- Integrate with existing Riot shared pipeline and platform delivery tooling
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Contribute to technical design and implementation of game asset validation
- Design and create tools to improve developer iteration time on mobile and console
- Implement automation and validation tooling to ensure the quality of our software
- 2+ years of software development experience, or MS (or equivalent degree) in Computer Science.
- Experience with automated build systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Product sense, pragmatism, and empathy in making tech decisions
- Have an agile mindset
- Experience programming in C++ or Python
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Experience with Groovy and one or more shell languages (e.g. bash, bat, powershell)
- Experience using and altering configuration for version control software (e.g. Perforce)
- Experience with Unreal Engine’s build and release pipeline
- Experience with Incredibuild or similar distributed build tools
- Experience with Artifactory or similar artifact repositories
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).