League Operations Intern
Job Id: REQ-0005485
As Intern, Competitive Operations League of Legends you will report to the EMEA Competition Manager for League of Legends and be part of the Competitive Operations Department in Berlin. You will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate Riot Games Esports ecosystems in EMEA.
The internship is planned for 11 months on a 40h per week basis, with a start date of November 1st, 2022.
- You will be supporting the League of Legends Competitive Operations team, working closely with both the Competition Manager and the respective Competitive Operations Leads for our various products, like the LEC and the ERLs.
- You will also be contributing to our developmental projects, aimed at maturing the EMEA League of Legends esports ecosystem.
- Support day to day operations of the LEC and ERLs, including live match operations
- Learn how to manage roster movement and how to process paperwork, help the team with these responsibilities
- Help facilitate communication between Riot and the LEC teams
- Learn the ways of being a referee from the LEC veterans
- Assist the Competitive Operations team with paperwork tracking and documentation.
- Authorized to work in Germany
- Availability: 40 Hours per Week for 11 Months
- Flexible working Hours during the week
- 3 Days in-Office Availability for at least 6 Hours
- You have good knowledge of esports in general as well as the EMEA esports ecosystem
- You have good knowledge of League of Legends and its mechanics; you can tell if it’s a bug and not a feature
- You have Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Slides & Google Sheets) proficiency.
- You have past experience running or working on collegiate or similar level amateur esports tournaments.
- Having a good understanding of the LEC, European Masters and the ERL competitions is a plus.
- Past work or volunteer experience in esports or sports management is a plus.
- 2+ years of collegiate or amateur scene esports experience is a plus.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Riot Internship program is paid
- Commuting allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- Access to company events
- PTO prorated
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!