Finance Strategist - Commercial Partnerships
Job Id: REQ-0005402
The Strategic Finance team at Riot is dedicated to helping our partners make the best decisions for Players. Our team contains experts from a variety of Finance backgrounds, with a shared goal to providing Riot leaders with an understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing games, or upgrading our knowledge. There's always something to improve, and we're constantly challenging ourselves.
As Finance Strategist - Commercial Partnerships, you'll report to the Head of Finance for Riot's Publishing Pillar. Your team works with senior commercial, marketing, and live operations leadership on all topics related to budget and finance. You will be focused on partnership and work within the Commercial organization. You will work with your team and your partners to build strategic and financial plans; report and advise on budgets and resource allocation; and develop and implement improvements to financial processes and systems in order to allow better decision making. Your financial craft expertise, coupled with a player-value orientation will help you increase the efficiency and performance of a world-class Publishing organization.
Process Management and Financial Operations
- Build and maintain complex financial models to understand and report revenue related to Riot's Commercial Partnerships
- Partner with central Finance, Tax and Treasury, Accounting, and Purchasing functions to service the needs of the Commercial organization and Riot as a whole
Operational Strategy, Strategic Planning and Cross-Pillar Engagement
- Aid in the development of financial frameworks that guide Commercial leadership thinking through complex or ambiguous resource allocation problems
- Support the Pillar Head of Finance and Commercial leadership in achieving future revenue targets through the identification, evaluation, and ultimate capture of revenue and expense opportunities
- Help prepare and manage revenue forecasts and strategic plans for Commercial organization within the Publishing pillar
- Create communication materials such as models, presentations, and other forms of written documentation, tailored to the right audience level (e.g. management seniority, area of expertise)
- Partner with other pillars to understand Riot's B2B assets and be a resource towards maximizing the value of said assets
- Assist and drive ad hoc analysis and projects as directed by leadership
- 6+ years of total work experience including at least 2 years in relevant roles such as management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or corporate finance roles
- Experience managing analysis of complex or ambiguous problem spaces spanning multiple organizations
- Experience working in one or more of the following topics relevant to Publishing:
- Organizational structure or operating model design
- FP&A or Financial Operations
- Business Development or Commercial Partnerships
- Gaming or Entertainment Strategy
- International work experience working with partners of multiple cultures
- Familiarity with common business models across the gaming and entertainment industries
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
- Knowledge of tools that can automate and simplify financial data analysis and visualization (examples include VBA, SQL, R, Alteryx, Tableau, or Looker)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.