Senior Data Scientist - Riot Data Products, MarTech
Job Id: REQ-0005445
As part of Riot's goal to become the entertainment company of the 21st century, the Fandom and Experiences Initiative within Riot Data partners with eSports, Entertainment, and Publishing to provide resonant content and memories to fans.
As a Senior Data Scientist on this team you will work on designing and implementing recommendation engines to personalize content for players and use data to optimize various marketing initiatives. You will work with engineers, scientists, and game designers across the company. You will report to the MarTech Data Science manager.
- You will use machine learning to build products or inform decisions that directly improve the player or fan experience.
- By becoming a Subject Matter Expert in your domain, you will help establish the strategic product vision
- You will work with partners across the organization, gathering requirements, designing project plans, determining approaches, and defining success criteria
- You will improve our data science practice by identifying novel techniques and technical approaches
- You will mentor and advise data scientists in and technical best practices
- Masters in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field, or equivalent professional experience (i.e. B.Sci with 5 years of professional experience, etc.)
- Proficiency in Python and SQL.
- Expert using machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn or Spark MLlib
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models at scale.
- Effective at storytelling with data to a diverse and non-technical audience.
- 2+ years of experience with data products in Marketing, Ad-tech, Media, or Platform development
- Experience with Apache big-data platforms such as Spark and Airflow.
- Familiar with the AWS cloud.
- Familiarity with experimentation concepts including A/B testing and Causal Inference
- Experience with any of the following: Lifetime Value Modeling, Media Mix Modeling, Attribution Modeling (Multichannel/Omnichannel), Markov Chain
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).