Principal Product Manager - Publishing, Riot XP Team (Entertainment & Commercial)
Job Id: REQ-0005539
About the Riot XP Team
The XP team focuses on creating holistic Riot experiences across our entire portfolio starting with gaming but also in entertainment, sport, music, and more. We partner deeply with Riot’s leaders to identify Riot’s major priorities and opportunities for key moments to delight players. We craft strategy and align around a unified vision of tomorrow’s intended player experience while bringing the organization together to bring these moments to life. We are a highly collaborative, learning-based, innovation-seeking organization that strives to impact players of our games all around the world.
The Principal Product Manager (Entertainment & Commercial) of the Riot XP team strives to create the most impressive player experiences and activations in the world. This work is one that co-creates with amazing creative and strategy teams across Riot.
In this role, you will focus on co-developing a cohesive vision and strategy across major brand partnerships, consumer products, music and other products that enable fandom at key player moments. You work with a program owner and cross-org leaders to ladder your vision into a holistic Riot experience. After developing this strategic approach you will work across organizations with product and business development experts to motivate teams all over the world as well as externally to create the expressions described in your strategies.
The Entertainment & Commercial Product Manager is an expert in developing communicating their ideas, inspiring teams and stakeholders, and co-creating with product experts all in the mission to delight players. The ideal candidate is mission oriented, extremely player focused and thrives in team settings.
- Develop the strategic approach for multi business unit coordinated experiences focused on brand partnerships, consumer products, and music
- Co-create resonant player focused products and ideas with team creatives and other business units
- Working with the program owner and lead producer, align a cross functional team to your strategies
- Be accountable for the global scope of your ideas and fulfillment of key partnerships
- Working with the team delivery experts, manage stakeholders of your subject matter expertise
- Partner with business development, sales and fulfillments teams to manifest major brand partnerships using your vision and approach
- Set the key goals and performance indicators of your product strategies or brand partnerships strategies and align insights teams to the aforementioned
- Be accountable for the outcomes of your co-created products or partnerships
- Manage, enable and empower partner teams globally with your vision and goals
- Be a member of a mission oriented, motivated team of many disciplines
- 7+ years as a product manager, brand manager, brand partnerships manager and/or team leader
- Proven experience on the strategy side of brand partnerships
- Proven experience in fulfillment planning
- Proven experience managing external partners
- Strong product strategy skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience developing and implementing vision globally
- Experience working with matrixed teams
- Experience leading with inspiration and influence
- Proven ability to impact consumers and change behaviors and beliefs
- Experience building alignment ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability of identifying risks and mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated empathy for fans of a variety of forms of entertainment, music and brand
- Demonstrated ability to work with other disciplines (insights, operations, marketers, creatives)
- High sense of empathy and understanding of others viewpoints
- Empathy and understanding of gaming culture
- Experience leading with influence
- Experience building products and/or experiences start to finish
- Exposure to a variety of models of creative development
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.