Manager, Research - Player Platform
Job Id: REQ-0004431
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is important to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Research Manager on the Player Platform team, you will dive into ambiguous problem spaces, applying a variety of research methods in creative ways to support the design work around the platform's services, including but not limited to our player behavior systems, the commerce services that power Riot’s monetization products, the UX of the client and mobile app and much more. Additionally, you will build and mentor a team of researchers to further develop the discipline in Player Platform while working with stakeholders to prioritize and execute the demands from all our product teams. You will report to Sr. Manager, Strategic Advisory.
This position is available in Los Angeles CA, St. Louis, MO, and Seattle, WA.
- Build and mentor a team of researchers to support all of our products
- Partner with designers and producers as part of a product team to produce insights and frameworks that'll inform the features, systems, and experiences
- Advocate for players and provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors
- Provide strategic insights to test teams' assumptions and inform their actions
- Construct and implement studies and surveys designed to answer business, development, and usability questions
- Design and moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for sincere, relevant feedback
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline plus 3 years of relevant research experience (An advanced degree can account for 1 or more years of experience depending on degree)
- Broad experience in different research methods including running playtests and usability tests, conducting user interviews, and performing survey research including conjoints and maxdiffs with deep expertise in at least one of these areas
- Hypothesis-driven experimentation skills with emphasis on qual/quant user research techniques and playtesting/labs. Familiarity with helping a team test, learn, and iterate
- Experience summarizing & socializing research results and distilling results into impactful recommendations for product leadership
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
- Experience working with game teams, including designers, engineers, artists
- Vendor management experience
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).