Sr. Manager, Esports Product Lead
Job Id: REQ-0005582
As the Product Lead of the VALORANT EMEA International League, you will guide the efforts of operating and further building a thriving competitive ecosystem for VALORANT. You will be front and center as the representative of the IL together with the Head of Esports for VALORANT Esports in EMEA, our professional teams and their owners, the media, fans, and our partners.
Your strategic vision, product management skills, deep operational craft, and passion for esports will establish a new standard in professional esports.
Your focus will be to create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and esports organizations. You will be the lead driver to deliver value to our fans and partners, providing resonant and memorable experiences as well as work together with our Business Development team on a strong commercial performance. To achieve this, you will develop and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders and teams from our local and global teams, content team, and external partners including team ownership groups and the press.
You will report to the Head of VALORANT Esports, EMEA to align your strategy and vision with our overall esports strategy for the region.
- Manage the EMEA International League P&L, prepare and present insight, plans and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Partner with our EMEA International League team partners, understand their strategic and operational objectives, needs, and wishes, and create a transparent feedback loop between the EMEA International League and the team partners.
- Empower, guide and manage our operational partners
- Lead and develop the Product Team catering to the various countries and fanbases in our EMEA ecosystem.
- Develop and design a fan experience that puts fans first while being commercially viable for the league and teams.
- Act as a fusion point between competitive operations, business development, publishing, finance, and regional leadership.
- Manage external relationships, including fan communication, partner engagement, and media relationships, to continue to grow the EMEA International League.
- Coordinate between partners and Riot stakeholders (global team, marketing, game teams) towards a shared vision and roadmap for delivering the best experience in esports through the EMEA International League.
- 5+ years of product or commercial leadership experience in sports, tech, or entertainment;
- 3+ years of experience managing others, including hiring and performance management
- Proven driver of revenue and successful commercialization
- Proven ability to create and lead the execution of a multi-year strategy
- Experience working within the EMEA territory
- Expert knowledge of the esports and gaming industry globally
- Experience managing & operating a P&L with direct accountability
- Experience understanding large-scale commercial deals with media companies, corporate partners, and the advertising business
- Extensive experience in competitive product management
- Experience regarding deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experienced and comfortable acting as a public facing leader
- Experience working with remote teams and external vendors
- Experience working within the FPS (First Person Shooter) ecosystem
- Business/Legal background is a plus
- Experience or training in a public facing role is a plus
- Experience in online/offline esports event production
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Because together we are better