Product Manager II - Esports, Esports Digital
Job Id: REQ-0005578
Product Manager II, Esports Fandom
Riot Games Esports will carry sport and sports entertainment to its future. We’ve been there for fans from the beginning. With our pioneering legacy, we’ve helped forge the foundation of modern esports. Today, we are changing what it means to be a sports entertainment and media company, redoubling our commitment to creating value for gamers, players, partners and sports organizations around the world.
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker that will make our ambitions come to life.
Are you interested in being part of an amazing team poised to redefine the esports fan experience? We’re looking for passionate, innovative individuals with a keen eye and ear for fan behaviors who are ready to help us tackle Riot’s high-priority focus on Unleashing Fandom and Reinventing the Watch Experience for fans across the globe! As a Product Manager II on the Esports Fandom team, you will work with a cross-functional team of producers, designers, engineers, artists, and QA to develop and iterate on our esports fandom systems.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities and defining the key results that meet the player experience and product success goals set by Esports Fandom leadership. You and your work will shape the execution, delivery, and performance of critical systems designed to delight and excite fans of our esports!
You will report to the Sr. Manager of Product Management on our team.
- Collaboratively frame, define, guide, deliver, understand, and iterate on systems and features critical to the success of our Esports Drops and Watch Rewards digital products
- Understand other programs that reward professional esport viewership to drive teamwide understanding of key systems and features in competing products
- Work with the Fandom product team to prioritize and appropriately scope work that achieves esports fan experience and product success goals, ensuring that our roadmaps are focused on the most impactful opportunities and are balancing desires and needs
- Partner with Analysts and Researchers on the team to build feedback loops that understand esports fan needs, validate key product hypotheses, and incorporate those learnings into product backlogs and roadmaps
- Independently conduct analysis and player sentiment research to continually refine the team’s understanding of esport fan needs and game performance
- Communicate cross-functionally and globally to align team members around a shared understanding of how the team’s work impacts key drivers of esport fan experience and product success
- Work with partner producers, engineers, visual artists, user experience designers, and program managers to ideate on, define, and schedule feature development
- Gather and present feedback on product goals, from post-event metrics to proposals for improvement, to align the teams on product OKRs, which you will help define
- 5+ years of experience in product management in B2C digital marketing (web, mobile, tv, console)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the strong ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and departments of the organization
- Strong technical proficiency across core business analysis and presentation stack (SQL, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts and methods
- Capable of synthesizing, organizing, and memorably communicating complex information to audiences with varied backgrounds
- Strong written, oral, organizational, and analytical abilities
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- 5+ years of experience working with fandom or incentive marketing programs
- Experience with Product Management tools such as Miro, Jira, Trello, and LucidChart.
- Experience with Product Management methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, PMF, Jobs-to-be-Done, and Lean.
- Comfort in failing fast and learning to make things better!
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.