Privacy Specialist - Ops
Job Id: REQ-0004974
As a member of the Data Privacy team, you will play a key role in helping to define and operationalize privacy globally. This includes engaging with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise to help ensure compliant outcomes. You will consult with key stakeholders to drive alignment with global privacy regulatory requirements, including GDPR and CCPA.
In the execution of Riot's global privacy obligations, you will rely heavily on your subject matter expertise, as well as your project management, relationship building and analytical skills to develop and deploy innovative strategies for data protection.
Your role is to review internal Riot systems and products for compliance with global privacy obligations. As part of this you will provide guidance for upcoming products and roadmaps, work with product leaders on acceptable risk when applicable, and track remediation actions. You will perform privacy impact assessments, data protection impact assessments, and other risk assessments to help keep our registers of processing activities up to date.
At Riot Games, we work in hybrid mode. You will need to be in the Dublin office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and you will report to the Privacy Lead.
- This role will be to help oversee how data is collected, shared, stored, and transmitted at Riot.
- Perform privacy reviews and data protection impact assessments, verify/improve data attestations and records of processing activities.
- Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
- Socialize and secure commitment for remediation and risk management strategies.
- Create and execute project plans to achieve the defined deliverables.
- Consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
- Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations.
- Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk and compliance (GRC) system framework.
- Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
- Manage other privacy risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
- 3 or more years of experience in a privacy, compliance, or data protection role
- Experience with privacy regulations including GDPR and CCPA
- Certification or education in privacy or data protection
- Experience working in a global and large environment
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues or escalate when necessary;
- Experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
- Experience defining technical requirements and specifications, writing policy, and adapting requirements to technical and business needs
- Experience with modern data processing environments, service oriented architectures, cloud computing technologies and related security and privacy standards.
- BONUS: Familiarity with the OneTrust privacy management solution
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better. It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games.
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.