QA Engineer II - League, Merchant Guild
Job Id: REQ-0005622
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer II at Riot, you run the QA process for your teams that make features on Riot's products. You work with teams of software engineers, content developers, artists, producers and project managers to create value for Players around the world. You are guided by Riot's Test Policies to do the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set your teams up for success.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer II on League of Legends' "Motivation" initiative, you will be the quality owner for content and services produced for League of Legends' missions, event pass system, and related content. As a quality owner, you're responsible for ensuring that the intended design is understood by the test teams, and that your test teams have test strategies, test plans, information, and resources to accomplish the team's quality goals for your products. You'll take on complex and ambiguous problem spaces and assure quality for the team with your solutions. A QA Engineer II will typically report to a QA Manager.
- Oversee test execution provided by test partners around the world.
- Collect and analyze measurable quality metrics.
- Identify and highlight quality concerns & risks.
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- 3+ years Software Quality Assurance experience, with success leading testing efforts on a team
- Experience working with embedded developers and content creators.
- Experience tasking remote testers and providing guidance on test strategies.
- Test Strategy, Planning, and Design
- Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC
- A foundational understanding of back-end systems integration testing requirements
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).