QA Engineer III - Unpublished MMO
Job Id: REQ-0005683
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing in service of a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer III on Riot’s Unpublished MMO Project you will help develop and run the QA process for multiple teams. You will work with all disciplines to create value for Players around the world in a sustainable, quality-focused way. You will guide quality activities at every stage of the software development. Additionally, you will partner with your team to arrive at more efficient solutions and improve delivery through both short-term improvements and long-term strategy. You will assist in hiring, training, and onboarding other QA professionals as well as partner with the Product Quality Lead to design an efficient and progressive QA organization.
The Quality Assurance Engineer III will report to Director of Game Production.
- Establish the best practices that help your team ship great things
- Design and improve quality activities throughout the software development life cycle
- Establish the metrics that matter, using data to guide action
- Create, agree on, and oversee the execution of quality and test strategies across all areas of development
- Design and execute test plans across multiple teams
- You understand what it takes to grow a culture of quality across a product team
- Quality Leadership: Planning, Assurance, Reporting, Control, and Improvement
- Experience tasking remote teams daily, and providing feedback on effectiveness
- 6+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with multiple product successes
- 3+ years of multi-platform development experience
- Experience working on meta systems, products with a frequent update cycle, and competitive games
- Preferred Licenses/certifications (or equivalent for all below):
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes sustainable development decisions. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).