Staff Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, RDX
Job Id: REQ-0005686
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. RDX is made up of talented and passionate engineers split into multiple diverse teams organized around problem spaces. You will work with all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale.
You will report to an Engineering Manager for RDX.
- Create and operate tools and services that help accelerate all of Riot
- Develop and operate platforms and microservices
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms and microservices.
- Participate in interviewing and help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building high-quality software in languages like Go, Java, Python, or any other general-purpose language.
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at a high scale
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers through code reviews and pair programming
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
- Understand relational databases like MySQL
- Experience operating & maintaining live services, including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).