Director of Brand Marketing, Global Entertainment
Job Id: REQ-0005688
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're bringing Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways and inviting new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop entertainment-driven marketing campaigns and experiences for our custom products—series/film, music, consumer products, and beyond—that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created.
As the Brand Director for Global Entertainment Marketing, you will lead breakthrough strategies across the entire entertainment product ecosystem (Music, CP and film/series), to deliver a consistent and holistic player journey across the globe. You’ll lead the team responsible for developing product-driven strategies that ladder up to a broader brand vision, working closely alongside the other team leaders - Director of Creative and Director of Social. With oversight of the day-to-day campaign execution, and working closely with product partners, PR, insights, media, events and operations to ensure all initiatives contribute to realizing our global brand strategies. You will report to the Global Head of Entertainment Marketing.
Your work will help shape global fan perception of the brand and ensure our publishing work complements the product in creating an amazing experience with entertainment products for our players. You will take risks and innovate to surprise & delight our players, while driving cultural moments that establish Riot Games as the entertainment epicenter of the next century.
- Define the vision, mission, goals and strategy for an entire entertainment brand.
- Lead a team of brand managers to provide strategic direction, oversee best-in-class marketing campaigns that align to broader business goals, exceed player expectations, and differentiate Riot within the industry.
- Create holistic brand strategies that cut across all entertainment products through a cohesive brand lens. At the highest level, guide teams to define the who/audience, why/strategy, what/messaging, and how/activations & initiatives across each product will surpass players expectations.
- Build new collaboration models and processes as a thought-leader across the broader publishing & marketing org, working closely with regions to develop globally-minded campaigns for the biggest player impact.
- Craft KPI’s for teams to develop individual product strategies against, leading broader audience research/campaign studies & marketing effectiveness alongside insights teams.
- Develop first-to-market innovations, high-profile marketing programs and breakthrough cultural moments. Leading relationships with high-profile partnerships with other brands/media platforms/talent.
- Strategic partner with product leadership through clear articulation of brand vision and craft expertise on platform and entertainment distribution strategies. Lead product-category marketing strategies to be applied throughout all campaigns.
- Evaluate brand campaigns against organizational goals and manage Quarterly Business Reviews alongside Global Head of Entertainment Marketing.
- Key team leader as a strong partner alongside the Creative Director and Social Director, to shape a culture of innovation, collaboration, inclusivity, transparency and curating unique points of view.
- Expert in the competitive landscape, player behaviors and the latest consumer-driven trends to deliver best-in-class campaigns.
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably in music/entertainment/consumer products-driven categories.
- 4+ years of management experience, directly leading teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in brand management and leadership influencing product partners.
- Experience both driving business results and improving brand resonance.
- Strong communication, collaboration and influential presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and drive tactical execution that raises the bar.
- Intimate knowledge of the ever-evolving global entertainment & consumer marketing landscape, current competition, innovations and trends and how they impact our business.
- Passion for innovation, risk-taking and creativity.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.