Senior Software Engineer - IT Design and Development
Job Id: REQ-0005737
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot's Enterprise Technology organization ensures Rioters have what they need to unlock their full potential by offering corporate solutions to increase productivity; providing expertise on cybersecurity to protect the experience of millions of players; and guide teams on complex data privacy regulations.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Enterprise Technology working on IT Design and Development, you will report to the Manager of Enterprise Applications and join a technical team automating and integrating Information Technology platforms at Riot Games. We build web applications, tools, and services that help Rioters navigate the organization, collaborate, and focus on the work that generates player value.
- Develop enterprise tools and services that help accelerate all of Riot
- Partner with team leads and product owners to understand use cases, contribute to system architectures, and develop automated solutions
- Contribute to standards for managing code using source control and writing unit/functional/integration tests to ensure code is reliable
- Mentor associate engineers on engineering craft
- Work with infrastructure teams to implement application monitoring and improve hardware, software and network systems
- Author RFCs and maintain operational process documentation and runbooks
- Handle engineering on-call escalations via an on-call schedule
- 4+ years experience with modern full-stack web development (depending on degree)
- Proficiency in Bash, Typescript, Go, HTTP, GraphQL APIs, scripting, frontend and backend web application development
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub or other source control systems
- Knowledge of Drone or other CI/CD solutions
- Experience investigating problems, getting to the root of business problems and providing a sustainable software solutions
- Working knowledge of modern agile methodologies and practices, including Kanban and Scrum
- Fluent communication skills. You must be able to contribute code in a team environment while collaborating on standards and style guides.
- Proficiency in Serverless
- Familiar with SQL, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with user experience design
- Experience with a containerization technology (e.g. Docker)
- Experience developing software in more than one programming language
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).