Director, Technical Product Management - League, League Data Central
Job Id: REQ-0005727
As the Director, Technical Product Management for the League Data Central team, you will lead the team and set the vision for the data products that support League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift. Your team owns all Data Science, Machine Learning, and Data Warehousing for these games, and collaborates on projects that range from in-game features to content design to strategy optimization to foundational tech.
You will report to the Product Director for League Studios Tech Foundations, and will collaborate with League Studio leadership, game team leadership, and central tech leadership to ensure that we are building healthy, sustainable data products that meet the needs of our players and our game teams.
- Define the vision for data products within League Studio, and own a strategy and roadmap to achieve that vision.
- Ensure the Product roadmap supports the needs of League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift and their players
- Lead the leadership team for League Data Central and represent the team across leadership teams both within League Studio as well as across Riot
- Develop relationships with Product and Engineering teams to understand their Data needs. You will advocate for Data projects to senior management, product leads, and engineers
- Build a healthy, sustainable, and inclusive team that is both passionate and collaborative
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience managing technical projects and leading a data science or machine learning technical team
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional members outside of their immediate organization to achieve team/organizational goals
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and customers across a large organization
- Familiarity and knowledge of data science, data engineering, and machine learning topics (e.g. big data, data pipelines, cloud data architecture, MLOps, etc…)
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in game development or live service operations
- Professional experience with Python, SQL, Java, C++, git
- Knowledge of data governance best practices
- Hands on experience as a data science or machine learning contributor
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).