UX Designer II - Esports, Esports Digital
Job Id: REQ-0005706
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing commitment to our mission to be the most player-focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker, making our vision come to life.
Are you interested in being part of an amazing team poised to redefine the esports fan experience? We're looking for passionate, creative individuals with an eye and ear for fan behaviors who are ready to help us tackle Riot's high-priority focus on Unleashing Fandom and Reinventing the Watch Experience for fans across the globe! As player-focused UX Designers at Riot, we oversee design work in high-scope product areas that are complex and ambiguous. Our work includes complete experience design, often spanning multiple features and teams. We work from concept through development, participate in agile product development, and partner with Visual Design, Research, Product, and Engineering to achieve our goals.
Are you excited by design systems, web technologies, and the chance to improve the esports fan experience for millions of players? As User Experience Designer for our Riot Esports team, you'll be responsible for creating world-class experiences for our players. Your design thinking skills will help you combine player needs, product goals, and team direction to provide a clear and cohesive experience for players at every stage of their cross-device journey. You'll also draw from experience with direct outreach to users to run some lightweight usability studies along the way.
You will report to the Sr. Manager of UX Design for the Esports R&D organization.
- Conduct competitive analysis on industry best practices in related domains
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to clients
- Provide appropriate design artifacts for your team, including journey maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and occasionally high fidelity shippable assets using an existing design system
- Break down experiences thoughtfully so that your team can plan and ship value incrementally
- Conduct small-scale usability studies or interviews when needed
- Ensure experiential quality and consistency across features end-to-end
- 2+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Prior experience designing consumer web experience(s)
- Experience with at least one industry standard digital design and prototyping tool (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, Axure, or Framer.)
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past work.
- Experience with Figma
- Experience running small-scale usability studies or qualitative interviews
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.