Manager, Software Engineering - League, Progression Team
Job Id: REQ-0005845
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work across multiple domains. As Engineering Managers, we gain organizational alignment by building a strong engineering vision and offering creative solutions to organizational design. We also serve as mentors for engineers, guiding their performance and finding growth opportunities while maintaining a focus on players.
As a Manager, Software Engineering on the League of Legends Progression team you will work with a multidisciplinary leadership team to best serve our competitive audience through achievements, mastery progression, organized play, and player stats. You will manage engineers who specialize in a variety of systems including League client, game code, and back-end services. You will work with leaders to refine the team's long-term vision, and the organizational plan to support it. You will report to the team's Senior Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles.
- Manage and socialize an engineering vision for the team
- Work with other leaders to create a long-term organization and staffing plan that supports product goals
- Interview and hire new engineers
- Support the engineers with your own deep engineering expertise
- Support engineers' careers through mentorship and identifying growth opportunities
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team's health and performance from a place of empathy
- 5+ years of experience building and operating software at scale as a Software Engineer
- 1+ years of experience in a team leadership role, either as a manager or technical lead
- Passion for people management and growing engineers
- Experience in Agile processes and continuous delivery
- Experience mentoring junior and senior engineers
- Experience in performance management and career development for engineers
- Experience with backend services and web development technologies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).