Technical Program Manager I - Infrastructure Platform, Automation
Job Id: REQ-0005777
The Infrastructure Platform team prides itself on delivering solutions across multiple games and programs. This position is on the Core Infrastructure Team (CIT) sub-initiative within the Infrastructure Platform department. As a Technical Program Manager in CIT you will lead cloud technology projects supporting our exciting portfolio of games. You’ll focus on automation of our cloud services and network as the TPM for 3 small-sized technical teams: Tooling and Automation Team, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering, and Riot Direct Automation. If you want to have an impact across different aspects of Riot’s cloud infrastructure, join us and help pioneer solutions that scale to the next level.
Technical Program Managers lead teams and projects to success by ensuring all aspects of delivery throughout the development and operating lifecycle. You will embed on team(s) as the execution arm for engineering and program management to manage the entire project lifecycle. You will foster an open work environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through reporting, visualization, and cross-organizational communication. You will report to the Manager of Technical Program Management, Core Infrastructure Team (CIT).
- Build and manage all project management milestones from initiation, roadmapping, execution, monitoring, to completion
- Manage development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, and evaluating trade-offs
- Assess, escalate, and document emergent customer issues, identifying and improving on process pain points and inefficiencies.
- Identification, resolution and removal of impediments during the sprint cycle
- Build relationships across the Production discipline, including personally and for the team
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Riot values
- 1-2+ years Technical Program Management/Project Management focused on IT Software development or IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact, influence and communicate at various levels of the organization from the executive to the engineer
- Knowledge of Agile (Kanban, Scrum, Agile at Scale) and Waterfall Methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and dependencies
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience working with globally distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings
- Located in the Los Angeles Metro area or St. Louis Metro area (or willingness to relocate)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ year managing AWS cloud technology projects
- Certifications in project management (PMP, CSM, SAFe)
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
- *Being a dedicated fan of games/active gamer is not necessary for this position
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.