Director, Esports Production Management
Job Id: REQ-0005866
The Director, Esports Production Management is responsible for strategy, planning, execution, tracking, and production performance for events across the Global Esports. You will work directly with other members of Esports leadership across product, event producer , broadcast, tech, and finance teams- to (1) design and execute a global production strategy that optimizes physical production, logistical production, and technical operations, (2) Deploy a utilization strategy that fully leverages Riot’s remote production capabilities for both global and regional events, (3) plan for, track, manage, and report on production performance as it relates to product KPI’s. You act as a craft leader responsible for establishing and implementing best practices and ensuring consistent top quality production by directly managing global events and advising regional teams around the world.
In this role, you will manage a diverse, cross-functional team of production managers, technical managers, logistic managers, and player handlers and you will develop a holistic event resourcing strategy leveraging our global teams to support Esports ambitious growth. You will partner closely with our Production Finance leader to design and implement a structured strategy in several core aspects of event production, including vendor selection, venue selection, contract structuring and negotiations, contractor policies and usage, and logistics (e.g., travel and CV-19 approaches), among others.
You will report directly to the Sr. Director, Esports Content Services.
- Design and implement a Global events production strategy that optimizes cost effectiveness and production value
- Manage and approve all production and post schedules in accordance with approved budgets and network delivery deadlines
- Share strategy, craft competencies, best practices, and planning resources across Riot Esports regional production units
- Design, implement, and track all health, safety, and security measures for all int’l events and share best practices across regions
- Ensure all company protocols, conduct, standards, and procedures are upheld by all Rioters, vendors, contractors, and crew members
- Oversee and approve the production bible for individual productions both globally and regionally
- Oversee necessary documentation for accounting to identify and track tax incentives, such as permits, licensing, regulations, etc.
- Maximize effective utilization of remote broadcast facilities, equipment resources, labor, and transmission for Global and Regional Productions
- Partner with Production Finance leadership on vendor sourcing, selection to obtain the best possible rates on venues, services, gear, and other show aspects
- Partner with Purchasing, Global Mobility, Contingent Workforce Management, and other Riot teams to optimize and streamline event planning and execution.
- Builds and provides management, guidance, and mentorship to the Global Esports production management team
- Scales team by effectively leveraging recruiting resources, to attract and hire top tier talent to support team growth
- Builds leadership and succession pipelines within the teams and encourages constant focus on career and craft growth and development
- Partner with People team to build clear career pathing, craft competencies, and performance tools across all production teams that scale to regions
- 10+ years of production experience, including production management, physical production, logistical production, line production, contingent workforce management, and vendor management.
- 5+ years of people and team management experience, with demonstrated responsibility for coordinating the successful execution of large-scale events, including those in international locations.
- Demonstrated history of building and evolving teams, unleashing team members’ ability to grow and level, cultivation of inclusivity and resilience, driving impact, and balancing autonomy and accountability
- Proficiency in building and managing budgets for large events.
- Track record of delivering a wide range of productions in various venues and production environments around the world
- Demonstrated history of sourcing and managing vendors
- Ability to synthesize objectives of, and incorporate feedback from, multiple stakeholders to ensure global and regional events align with all broader Esports goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate the establishment of strong working relationships with colleagues from a wide range of business functions.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.