Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, Riot Direct
Job Id: REQ-0005878
Riot Direct builds the network infrastructure that enables our games to operate globally and securely at scale, ensuring the highest levels of network performance and quality for our players. If you are looking to have a direct, positive impact on the people who play and love our games, please join us to help make Riot the most player-focused game company in the world.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer on the Riot Direct Product Development (RDPD) Team, you will report to RDPD's Software Engineering Manager and manage, automate, and improve the operation and deployment of software that ensures the secure, scalable operations of Riot's global networks. You will manage cloud and datacenter systems at scale, configuring and deploying software as well as developing tooling and automation to improve operability. An engineer with technical depth and an automation mindset will excel in this role, as you will not only create solutions for daily tasks within your team, but collaborate across multiple teams to improve and refine Riot’s operational practices.
- Deploy and manage hardware, software, and tooling for Riot Direct's hybrid-cloud infrastructure
- Develop tools and processes to automate software deployment, testing, and scaling
- Respond to and diagnose priority issues affecting Riot Direct services
- Create documentation related to the services and software the team supports
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- Participate in an on-call rotation for high-priority incidents
- 5+ years of experience in a software or infrastructure engineering role with operational responsibility
- Experience managing software and Linux system environments using infrastructure automation tools such as Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Experience deploying and managing software using development pipelines and CI/CD tooling
- Experience working with public cloud infrastructure, managing cloud systems using infrastructure as code
- Experience working with containers and container management systems
- Experience with scripting using Bash, Python, or other common languages
- Experience with modern infrastructure services, distributed systems, microservices, and software design at a high-level.
- Proficient in networking concepts and fundamentals
- Experience working directly with Software Engineering teams as a developer, DevOps engineer, or SRE
- Understanding of cyber security principles and best practices
- Experience improving/tuning monitoring and alerting for distributed production systems
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).