Senior Manager, QA - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0005880
As a Senior Manager, QA on Project L, you will report to the Director of Operations and oversee the Quality Assurance team on Project L. You will work closely with software engineers, content developers, artists, project managers, and producers to create value for players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policies to develop the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set your teams up for success.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. As Project L is still in the R&D phase, you will partner with the project leadership team and other craft leaders to build efficient work flows and solutions to everyday problems that help deliver Project L's short and long term product goals. You will also help build the QA team, directing and tasking other them, often remotely to get your work completed.
- Impact/Scope and Complexity
- You shape craft strategy that directly impacts business unit strategy.
- You create a quality strategy that impacts development strategy within the business unit.
- You manage the quality assurance efforts across multiple initiatives or teams with support from business unit senior leadership.
- You are responsible for the results of the QA professionals across your sphere of influence.
- You directly or indirectly manage the QA professionals on your initiatives/teams.
- You manage managers, leaders, and/or individual contributors in addition to guiding their day to day work.
- Craft Knowledge
- You have in depth craft expertise in quality assurance and how it impacts and influences software development.
- You establish partnerships across disciplines.
- 8+ years Quality Assurance Experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
- Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Strategic goal setting, tactical execution.
- Experience performance managing QA professionals.
- Experience working with remote QA testing teams.
- Experience managing team budgets and headcount.
- You understand the metrics that influence strategy and create change.
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.