Senior Software Engineer, Engine - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0005957
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive engine technology and provide other engineers and technical artists with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer in R&D focused on the game engine, you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new game! You will keep the players' experience in mind as you dive into rendering systems and engine features to support one of our new games. You will also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining visual experiences to our players. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Help build the engine technology that powers one of our new AAA games
- Work to monitor and increase the performance of the game client
- Build, implement, and improve tools for artists across multiple platforms
- Work to resolve asset pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- Work collaboratively with Artist and Tech Art teams to help realize the overall vision of the game
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience working with 1 or more game engines
- Experience with game client/server performance testing (CPU, Memory, GPU, etc)
- Experience with rendering pipelines (PC or Consoles)
- Experience working collaboratively with Gameplay engineers, Artists and Content creators
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Advanced knowledge of optimization tools and techniques in C++
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.