Business Strategist, Operational Strategy Intern (MBA)
Job Id: 5107
The Strategic Advisory Department helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Strategic Advisory Operations Intern you will be reporting to the Director of Strategic Advisory. You will work on high profile projects on behalf of Games Operations leadership on internal strategic, operational & organizational topics. You will own distinct parts of these projects, working closely with Games Pillar leadership to support developing our operational strategy.
- Develop insights and summarize strategic and operational recommendations for Games Pillar Operations leadership
- Conduct research and subject matter expert interviews to develop actionable fact based and develop publishing subject matter expertise
- Develop frameworks that guide senior Games Pillar leadership thinking through complex or ambiguous problem spaces
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses, aligned to relevant strategic frameworks
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate findings and recommendations to Games Pillar leadership
- Establish trust-based working relationships with team members and leaders across Riot
- Currently enrolled in a MBA or Graduate program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in Management Consulting or an MBA degree.
- 2-4+ years of experience working on projects of strategic importance
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to structure out ambiguous spaces.
- Experience translating complex information into structured recommendations and rallying teams to drive change.
- Experience working closely with senior executives.
- Experience designing and driving large-scale transformation programs.
- Experience with change management in large scale organizations
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).