Game Design Intern - Project L
Job Id: 5131
As a Game Design Intern, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
Project L is Riot’s unreleased fighting game featuring iconic Champions from the League of Legends Universe. The team is looking for a Game Designer with a passion for the FGC to develop champions with our gameplay team and help tune mechanics like block stun, hit boxes, and knockback arcs.
- Design & develop new features and systems for products
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options
- Work with other disciplines to build features that meet product goals
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our San Francisco Bay Area Office (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience working on projects with teammates
- Experience and passion for the respective product genre.
- Design experience in various game projects.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 12:00pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).