Manager, Game Production - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0005996
The Manager, Production is responsible for ensuring the members of the teams can effectively move products and features through the development cycle and out to players. This includes developing and executing the operational strategy of your product, driving the “how” of the work that happens on its various teams. You’re obsessed with understanding how the needs of the audience, the health of the team, and the critical elements of its products are translated into action. In R&D, you’ll work closely with the leadership team to make sure the approach to work on the business is well-defined, that its talent systems are effectively adhered to, that resources are allocated appropriately, and that the product vision is being delivered via thoughtful milestone planning.
As a Manager, Production on a Research & Development team, you will help organize and deliver one of Riot’s new game projects through to production. You will work closely across all disciplines to ensure the project team is highly adaptable, efficient, and effective. You will be responsible for a range of activities from owning execution and driving decision making, to hiring and developing other producers, and helping design the work system for an initiative or product. You will need to be adaptive and engaged to meet the changing needs of the product. You will report to the team’s Director, Operations.
- Accountable for developing and executing the operational strategy of the product, as well as driving decision making for your team
- Help develop how your team is structured and how multi-team work is coordinated
- Develop accountability rituals wherein teams review their commitments, delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrating successes and learning from failures
- Establish, optimize and scale efficient process within your team and throughout the larger product organization
- Develop systems to ensure challenges with decisions and delivery are regularly and quickly diagnosed and addressed
- Ensure stakeholders and customers are always up-to-date on commitments, changes, and how milestones are progressing
- Understand the capabilities of the business unit and how those match to its strategies in order to plan for current work and future needs
- Inform the other members of the leadership team in choosing how to grow and allocate the workforce of the business unit
- As necessary, partner with the Talent organization to ensure that Riot’s talent processes are implemented effectively on the business unit (e.g., performance management, compensation, and promotion systems are consistent and applied based on Talent and Department standards)
- Ensure that conflicts within and between teams are resolved quickly and effectively
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams
- 6+ years of experience as an internal Game Producer, with experience driving live and/or R&D games development and operations
- 3+ years of game development experience in a leadership position, working directly on the production of the game
- 2+ years of experience managing large teams
- Experience with various development methodologies and their applications (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the game industry
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in team management, using prioritization schemes, and shipping games
- 8+ years of experience in game development experience
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership role shipping games
- 2+ years of experience managing a co-development or outsourcing relationship
- Experience shipping games on multiple platforms
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.