Senior HRIS Project Manager
Job Id: REQ-0006028
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding and training, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As the Senior People Project Manager (HRIS), reporting into the Director, People Technology & Systems, will oversee all aspects of People Tech & Systems related projects: lead, document, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress, meet with vendors and coordinate efforts with other departments within the company. You will help communication between the People Tech & Systems team and the business to gather our requirements and turn them into functional specifications to ensure work is delivered.
- Will lead medium to complex projects, sometimes simultaneously depending on size/complexity, with the general direction of the Director, People Tech & Systems.
- Establish and lead project teams. Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain agreement on project goals and deliverables
- Translate high-level requirements into functional specifications for system development and manage changes to such specifications
- Monitor timelines and progress of projects to ensure efficient, on-time delivery of work while being able to assess and address any issues or concerns that may affect the success of the project
- Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill goals and satisfy project requirements
- Develop, refine, validate, and manage detailed project plans for work encompassing all partners of the project. Ensure the project plan maintains fidelity to the original scope and objectives of the approved project. Communicate the project plan and its status with all partners and actively report and mitigate deviations from that plan during the execution of the project.
- Facilitate project meetings; develop visual aids to assist complex discussions to drive better, informed decision making
- Plan, prepare, and ensure execution of multiple testing activities to ensure appropriate testing is conducted
- Be a liaison and escalation contact to third party SAAS vendors
- Bachelor (4-year) degree in Business, Human Resources
- PMI certification
- 4+ years experience required in same or similar position
- Has led multiple large, complex, global implementation projects
- Experience with SAAS systems
- Experience with work systems such as JIRA, Trello or MS Project Management
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage projects of various diverse scope in a environment
- Interpret and/or discuss complex information with others in a clear way, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people
- Comfortable working with a variety of user groups: senior executives to entry-level
- Success identifying, proposing, documenting, & implementing streamlined processes
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.